The ScriptCard program provides the tools you need to offer prescription discounts at a reasonable cost to both you and your patients.
- Enroll patients instantly from your existing POS system.
- Choose from several reimbursement options to establish fair and acceptable non-insured prescription prices.
- This program adjudicates prescriptions based on various reimbursement rate options. All group numbers compare to Usual & Customary pricing with the lower price being selected.
The ScriptCard Patient loyalty and retention program is an excellent alternative for patients who are considering discount cards sold or provided elsewhere, and it is a turnkey solution for pharmacies who want control over cash discount pricing.
Determining to Convert a Patient
When presented with a non-managed full-pay card (cash discount card), it is important to ask the following questions before attempting to convert patients to ScriptCard:
- Does the current card require electronic claims processing for the patient to be reimbursed by the employer/plan sponsor?
- Does the current card offer an enhanced benefit co-pay fee after a deductible is set?
If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, do no convert the patient to ScriptCard. These other programs typically are managed, but the patient is either reimbursed after the fact (as in the first case), or the patient is required to pay a certain amount out-of-pocket before the card benefit is activated.
Once you’ve determined a patient qualifies for ScriptCard, continue with the enrollment process:
- Enter the patients information into your POS system and assign a unique ID consisting of nine characters (letters, numbers or a combination of both) to that patient.
- When filing the patient’s prescription(s), submit the claim(s) to MaxCare’s BIN #. Required patient information will include the unique cardholder ID number, first & last name, gender, date of birth, and relationship code.
- Select and enter the group number with the reimbursement rate that best suits your pricing needs, whether a competitor’s card is involved or offering your own in-store discount.
Want to learn more about MaxCare and how our clinical management services help control costs while caring for your employees? Contact us today.