REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
This position is responsible for leading and overseeing the development and growth of profitable new business in accordance with Company organizational strategy.
- The Associate Vice President, Sales will develop and execute strategies and sales tactics in the following areas: territory planning, pre-request for proposal prospecting, relationship development, pricing, presentation and delivery (finalist or other), negotiations, closing and managing contracts.
- They will develop and maintain effective key agency relationships; build strong customer relationships, develop and scale up new business and customer bases.
- They will continually ensure assigned territory growth and profitability by developing solid business relationships with new clients for Company’s products and services.
- The Associate Vice President, Sales will work with Executive leadership to develop and execute market strategies for our market segments.
- They must be an individual contributor as well as lead and participate in multi-functional team efforts; must understand and effectively communicate all portions of the business to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Managing day-to-day interactions and understanding interdependencies is central to success in this position. The role requires a deep knowledge of both the technical and marketing sides of the business.
- The Associate Vice President, Sales will initiate contact and follow-up on sales meetings and teleconferences, meet sales objectives and targets at profitable rates, move prospects into implementation, and meet established sales goals and quota schedule per plan year’s objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Identify and develop channels of distribution for PBM’s business model. Develop key prospective client and channel relationships.
- Negotiation, identification of prospect/new clients, management of discovery and solution development process, and oversight of RFP deliverables.
- Generate and close new business and develop relationships with the leadership and decision-makers of prospective customers.
- Respond to all leads coming to PBM through established business relationships and other sources.
- Assist in the retention of current business. Assist in the development and implementation of new programs into PBM’s operations that can increase profitability, enhance competitive edge, and increase efficiencies. Develop and execute individual sales strategy to include target clients.
- Respond to and direct team members that assist in RFP preparation and delivery. Direct and oversee Account Management team on client renewal activities. Support Account Managers in meeting customer needs.
- Prepare and deliver competitive proposals to prospective clients.
- Structure and negotiate contracts. Participate in finalizing contract terms and transition client services and implementation teams.
- Identify and stratify new marketing opportunities.
- Presentation, development and delivery of Company business model, value proposition
- Report sales activities to SVP Expansion and Strategic Alliance with respect to:
- Sales Pipeline
- Status of projects and ‘cases’
- Prospective client strategies
- Travel to regional prospective client sites up to 40% of time.
- Participate in business events, conferences, trade shows and seminars. Participate in and support our marketing efforts at industry conferences on a as needed basis.
- Report and maintain prospective clients in corporate CRM database when available.
- Participate in sales meetings via phone, in corporate office and off-site locations as required.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration
- Minimum 7 years sales experience, at least 5 years in PBM industry preferable.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to navigate and manage complex sales, with a repeatable methodology.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Presentation skills a must
- Demonstrated history of business success in sales, marketing or PBM account management
- Excellent analytical skills and detail-oriented individual
- Highly energetic, highly motivated, self-starter
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analytical and research skills sufficient to identify gaps or opportunities in the marketplace
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of people. Additionally, must be able to effectively prepare and manage meetings and presentations both personally and technically
- Strong coaching skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules.
- Excellent follow through on projects and deliverables.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and ability to take initiative in development and completion of projects.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- Strong proficiency in pc applications.
- Consistent income with base/bonus structure
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Ability to work remote with travel up to 40% of time
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org